Thank you for your interest in Blue School. Our admissions process begins in the fall prior to your desired year of attendance. Please note that children must reach program age requirements by September 1st of the program year for which they are applying. For example, your child must be four years old by September 1st, 2013 to apply for the 2013-2014 4s program. Learn more about Blue School program schedules and age requirements.
Applications for the 2013-2014 school year are now available! We are accepting applications to our 2s through 5th grade programs.
How to Apply:
1. Request an application by completing this online form. Once you submit this form, you will be directed to a page where you will be able to download the 2013-2014 application in PDF format.
2. Attend an Open House When you Request an Application online, you will be asked to select an Open House date. Once you submit your request, you will receive an email confirmation from the admissions office (open houses are filled on a first come, first served basis).
3. Prepare your child’s current school reports and/or ERB documents
3s and 4s program applicants: download a School Report for Blue School (PDF). Have your child's current school fill out the form and send it to Blue School directly.
Kindergarten through 5th grade applicants are required to submit:
School Records (mid-year and final reports)
ERB results (learn more at www.erbtest.org)
Please note that all ERB testing must be completed by January 14, 2013. (Blue School code: 336648)
4. Complete and return your application In addition to the documents noted in items 1-2 above, all applications must include a photograph of your family and a check for the $75.00 processing fee.
Mail your application and all required materials to:
241 Water Street
New York, NY 10038
5. Schedule a school tour, child playgroup and parent interview Once we have received your application, family photo and $75.00 processing fee, the admissions team will contact you to schedule a tour, playgroup and parent interview.
A parent/guardian of each 2s and 3s applicant will participate with their child in the playgroup.
4s and Kindergarten applicants will attend a playgroup with other children of the same age while parents/guardians are nearby.
1st through 5th grade applicants will attend an individual student visit.
6. Notifications Blue School admissions notification letters follow the ISAAGNY timeline:
2s through 4s program letters are mailed Feb 13, 2013
Kindergarten and 1st grade letters are mailed Feb 8, 2013
2nd grade through 5th grade letters are mailed Feb 4, 2013
Blue School welcomes families from diverse backgrounds who support our mission, educational philosophy and approach, including our Values and Philosophy. Blue School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, medical condition, disability, and sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to its students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational or admissions policies or other programs.